Artizen Fund for Human Creativity
Each season, we partner with top organizations like Microsoft and the Cannes Film Festival to award match funding for art, science, technology, and design. Here's how it works:
Curate our Official Selection
Submissions are reviewed by our community and the projects with the most votes are curated for our Official Selection.
Buy Artifacts to Unlock Match Funding
Join our community
We're a vibrant community of artists, scientists, coders, and creators of every kind.
What is the Artizen Fund?
Artizen is a community fund for art, science, technology, and design. We partner with top organizations like Microsoft and the Cannes Film Festival to award match funding for projects at the frontier of human creativity. Each season, our community curates innovative projects from creators who make a positive impact in the world. Once selected, projects sell cultural Artifacts to unlock match funding from our sponsors and compete for the prestigious Artizen Prize. To date, Artizen has awarded close to $1M to projects featuring major talent like the Wu-Tang Clan, Cate Blanchett, and legendary director Terrance Malick.
Read Our Mission
What are Artifacts?
Artifacts are a new type of NFT designed to capture the spark of inspiration behind a project and its intended impact on the world. Projects sell Artifacts to unlock match funding and compete for the Artizen Prize. And collectors buy Artifacts to invest in projects they love. Artifacts also serve as a membership pass to Artizen, empowering you to curate our Official Selection and join our vibrant community.
Learn More About Artifacts
How do I submit a project?
Artizen supports creators who make a positive impact in the world through art, science, technology, and design. To submit a project, first ensure it meets our Curation Guidelines and qualifies for match funding from one of our sponsors, then simply fill out a 7-minute application form. That’s it!
Submit Your Project
How are projects curated for the Official Selection?
Artifacts give you the power to vote for project submissions. The more Artifacts you own, the greater your voting power. Each season, submissions are reviewed by our community and the projects with the most votes are curated for our Official Selection.
Curate Our Official Selection
How do projects unlock match funding?
Projects unlock match funding by selling cultural Artifacts. Throughout the season, funds are pooled through the purchase of ART tokens from our Juicebox. The total match funding accumulated is then distributed at season's end using our Logarithmic Match Funding formula, which bases the funding amount on the logarithm of each project's Artifact sales. This method ensures a fair and balanced allocation of funds to all participating projects.
Learn More About Match Funding
How do projects win the Artizen Prize?
Each season, projects sell Artifacts to raise money, unlock match funding, and climb our leaderboard. At the end of the season, the project with the most Artifacts sold is declared the winner, receiving the prestigious Artizen Prize along with a large cash award.
Learn More About The Artizen Prize
How much funding do projects receive?
Projects in our Official Selection raise money by selling Artifacts, 90% of which goes directly to the creator with the remaining 10% going to Artizen's community treasury. Each Artifact sale also unlock additional match funding, the amount of which is determined by how many Artifacts a project sells in proportion to the total number of Artifacts sold across all projects as well as the total amount of pooled Mach Funds for the season. Finally, if a project sells more Artifacts than any other project they receive a cash prize equal to 10% of the pooled Match Funds. To make things more concrete, successful creators on our platform have raised more than $100,000.
Learn More Match Funding
Where does the money come from?
The money for match funding and cash prizes comes from our sponsors. We partner with top organization like Microsoft and the Cannes Film Festival to launch match funds that support the people, projects, and causes most important to their communities. Additionally, project funding comes directly from Artifact sales.
Sponsor the Artizen Fund